Announcing Our #GivingTuesday 2016 Campaign
Perpetuate the Traditions of New Orleans with the Preservation Hall Foundation:
On November 29th, thousands of people across the nation will be showing their support for their favorite charities and causes they support during this year’s #GivingTuesday. On the Tuesday following Thanksgiving, every donation we receive will help us protect, preserve and perpetuate the musical traditions and heritage of New Orleans.
We’re excited for another great year of educational and outreach programming taught by professional Teaching Artists and Hall Fellows from the Preservation Hall Collective. In 2017, we’ll continue to serve the generation of New Orleans musicians and listeners. We target high-risk neighborhoods, schools, and detention centers without music programming or mentorship opportunities and subsidize or completely underwriting the cost of weekly music classes, field trips, private lessons, and concerts. However, we need your support to continue to make our programming successful and available to every student in the New Orleans area.
With your help, you can perpetuate the tradition, so that younger generations can enjoy it for years to come! Prior to Giving Tuesday, you can help the Preservation Hall Foundation in a variety of ways:
- Mark November 29th on your calendar and add this link: smarturl.it/PerpetuateTradition
- Purchase a limited edition Preservation Hall Foundation t-shirt, made in collaboration with Screens for Good: https://www.screensforgood.com/products/protect-preserve-perpetuate
- Bid on limited edition items via the Preservation Hall Foundation’s eBay Auction starting November 22nd. smarturl.it/PHFEbay
- Become a Fundraiser! Create your own fundraising page to support the Preservation Hall Foundation! smarturl.it/BecomeaFundraiser
- Spread the word! Share our campaign with your friends and family.
Together, we can continue to keep New Orleans’ culture and traditions alive. Your invaluable donation will help in continuing our mission - to put as many young musicians as we can in a position to learn and promote the lessons that Preservation Hall has to offer. We can’t wait to celebrate this year’s #GivingTuesday on November 29th.
To learn more about the Preservation Hall Foundation’s #GivingTuesday initiative, please visit: smarturl.it/PerpetuateTradition